Wednesday, July 26, 2006

There Are Only So Many Hats a Girl Can Take

Between the Cloud hats and the baby fruit hats . . . let's just say I'm all hatted out for now.

But I have a new idea.

I want some practice making sweaters before I jump further into designing the Blue Sweater for He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

I've never made a seamless sweater.

I think a seamless sweater would probably be the bestest sweater ever to knit. (NO SEAMS! This means NO SEWING!)

Knitting Without Tears has guidelines / patterns for a ton of different seamless sweaters (yoke, raglan, you name it . . . )

I could knit them ALL. Just, you know, to really see what they're like.

And maybe I could fool around with some color patterning. On the fly. As it struck me.

Total knitting freedom.

I wouldn't want to make adult-sized sweaters. Adult sweaters are big. And for my purposes, children's sweaters (although probably not baby sweaters) would do just fine.

The sweaters would be like giant swatches, really.

Only when I was done knitting them, I would have no further use for the things.

I could toss 'em.

But that would be a waste.

Oh, well . . .

Oh. Wait!

(Sometimes I really am stupid.)





Probably this is the beginning of a seamless yoke sweater. But it might be something else entirely. Total knitting freedom, after all. Don't know what it will be, but I know where its going. (Dulaan 2007.)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

'kay, you know that story, or fable, or whatever it is about the beaver/cow/horse who bit off more than he could chew?? That's you right now! I think you're nuts!;->

Ang

11:35 PM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

I freely admit I am totally nuts.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I strongly suggest that you read "Top Down for Toddlers" before going too far with this... although the sweaters are all tot-sized, they offer very concrete plans for how to implement most of Elizabeth Zimmerman's concepts.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home