Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Karma

Something is seriously wrong with mine, and I don't know what to do to fix it.

My holiday-gift-to-me, a copy of "Aran Knitting," was apparently stolen right off my front porch, close-to-immediately after our postman left it. (I am told it was insured, but I find it hard to care about that at the moment.)

This is the third package that's gone missing in a month.

Others in the neighborhood have also been victims. (Someone lost a laptop and their Christmas gifts, taken right out of their car as they were unpacking upon their return from visiting family.)

We've put a hold on our mail.

But I still feel so helpless.

I suppose I would feel worse if we had been burgled.

But it is hard to imagine.

Why couldn't they have taken another yarn shipment???

That, at least, could have been easily replaced.

Probably what upsets me most is that whoever took it will have absolutely no appreciation for what they have.

It will probably end up in some dumpster somewhere.

A copy of "Aran Knitting" rotting in some dumpster.

Lost to the world.

I could just cry.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hats for Dulaan was my first thought. ;^) I'm so sorry that some ratbastard is working their way thru your packages. I hope they get caught before anything happens to that book. *hugs*

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the FSM is angry... http://www.phobe.com/fsmhat/index.html

11:52 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

What a piss off! And sadly,you are probably right. They are hoping for something they can sell on the black market. Somehow I doubt that knitting stuff gets much.....

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That so totally sucks. :o(

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry...have you reported this to the police?

Really sucks....

Ang

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. I know just how you feel - I had a really bad run of luck for about six months that I'm hoping is now over (nothing too terribly tragic, but lots of scary, costly things kept happening...).
I'm sending you all my positive energy!
In the words of Bono, "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

2:15 PM  
Blogger Tokyo Knitter said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know, I finally did my first meme! And also, your packages still might show up. My sister's wedding invitations (mailed in Dublin, Ireland) arrived at our home in Tokyo about 2 days AFTER we came back from the wedding last March, about 2 months late!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home