Monday, November 06, 2006

V. V. Bad

Remember all that tough talk about concentrating on finishing up a few things this weekend? You know, the low hanging fruit? A few ends here, a few buttons there, and voila, five finished projects!

Well.

You see, first there was this laceweight that just appeared in the post. Totally unexpected! (eBay, super-cheap, unknown quality.) So then there was some spontaneous experimenting with the 2 mm circulars. . . . (V. Bad.)

Then I felt bad about spending all that time on something that I won't call a new project. But I still didn't feel like facing ends or buttons. So I fiddled around more than a bit with the Doctor's boring socks. But still too small!

Couldn't quite yet face re-frogging the Regia Strato, but didn't want to give up on socks for the Doctor. So (even worse!), out came another ball of sock yarn:




A rebellious cast on of 80 stitches, and upping the needle size to 2.75 mm, and the cuff was finally pronounced "not too small." (I rather think it is now "too big," even for "oversocks," but I don't suppose the Doctor was willing to tell me so in that moment . . . )

So still not sure about the size.

But can I just say that knitting goes a lot faster on 2.75 mm needles than on 2.25 mm needles?

And can I also just say that the Trekking Ombres (even the ones that look a little dull in the skein) are gorgeous?

I thought this yarn was a sort of a muddy, dark maroon. (And in the photo, I guess that's still what it looks like.) But in the light, and in sock form, it is really more of a black pearl color. But not, you know, in a girly way. In a respectable, gentlemanly way. (In a respectable, gentlemanly way that would look even better on the ladies than on the gentlemen. Why did I tell the Doctor this yarn was for him?)





And can I also just say that I remember the bus being a lot more comfortable than it actually is? Just sayin'.

(Is it me or is it the bus?)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Monday. All bets are off.

Love that yarn.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Carson said...

a respectable, gentlemanly way??
you crack me up

10:46 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Ooooh, that is a gorgeous colour. Guy colour, definitely. Not girl colour. Guy colour. Black pearl = yum.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! What colorway is it?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

Trekking XXL #76.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home