Wednesday, September 20, 2006

World of Wacky Fruit

In the comments, Lainey enquires re the colourway numbers of the Noro used in the Lizard Ridge squares I've posted. Answer: Yes, I am mostly destashing, but I do have the ball bands around somewhere (and I wrote down somewhere else which square was from which skein). . . . When I get my act together, I'll update the blog with this info.

In the meantime, here is some distraction . . .

My local market has started stocking fruits never before seen! (At least not in these parts . . .) Here are some of the more mundane.

The tiniest apples in the world! (Penny for scale):





Raisins, still on the vine! (Unfortunately, these are excellent. This is unfortunate because they are way too expensive for everyday. Won't be putting these in any brown bags unless I win the lottery.):





Fresh Dates! (Who doesn't like their dates to be fresh?):





Bonus cross section:





Have you ever seen the like?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Love these fruit pics. Never knew you could buy such things!

Ang

4:18 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

My mother always loved fresh dates. And she could never find them in her hometown. whenever we went to Italy to visit relatives, if it was date season she would gorge!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Yeah So said...

I don't think I've ever seen a fresh date in my life! Cool!

12:15 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Yummy-looking fruit. But where is that penny from? I don't recognize it.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

Penny = Canadian.

5:26 PM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

The penny is not like the Canadian ones I've seen, or the one I found on Wikipedia. Interesting. Thanks!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Albalin said...

Looks like a UK one pence coin, also known as a penny.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home