Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Now the Fun Begins

Sleeves (up to the armholes) are both done, attached, and now we're onto the yoke.

So I figure this guy is at least half done.

Maybe more.

Probably not less.

But I prefer the feeling I have about the doneness of this sweater -- i.e., uncertainty -- to the usually inevitable feeling of euphoria-followed-by-betrayal.

Yes, yes. Uncertainty is much better.





Probably you notice that the ribbing on the sleeves does not match the ribbing on the body.

I could tell you that this is part of my "total knitting freedom" theory, and that I fully intend to stick with this little bit of wackiness.

But that wouldn't exactly be the truth.

The truth is that while I was knitting the body, I decided I really didn't like the contrasting ribbing. Have vague plans to cut off the body ribbing when I'm otherwise done, and then pick up stitches to re-knit. Re-rib. Whatever.

So I don't really have plans to leave it as-is.

I'm not quite that cool.

(I may, however, be that lazy.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly like the greeny-gray contrast to the blue.
I could also use your guidance as I try to get an adult sweater all onto one needle to decrease up raglan-style for the shoulders, with no pattern. In fact I plan on watching your sweater quite carefully.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

Hi, Gillian.

If you're looking for general guidance on proportions and that sort of thing, I would highly recommend taking a peek at Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Knitting Without Tears."

Otherwise, I'm happy to help if I am able. Drop me a line anytime: Anonyknits AT yahoo DOT com.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home